Friday 9 December 2011

Thanksgiving in the Highlands

The fourth Thursday of November is my all time most favoritest day of the whole year. It even tops the 25th of December in my book. Don't hate y'all :). This year I had the pleasure of spending Thanksgiving with people whom I am super grateful for aaaand we stayed in the middle of mountains where every morning and afternoon stunning views sat beyond every window in the house. What what!! How flippin awesome is that?! It's okay, if I were you I'd be jealous, too ;). Anyyyyywho. The drive up was rather turny-swervy-curvy. All the way to the top...

So to give our stomachs a break, we stopped at a pretty waterfall surrounded by tall tall trees of the rainforest. Ahh, step out of the car to be greeted by a breath of crisp, cool, and fresh mountain air. Not much tops that my frann. It seems rainforest mountain air even temporarily cures car sickness. Well for me at least...not so much for Zayah. Poor little guy.

Food. Food. Food. Oh how I love food. I'm fairly sure that one of my biggest struggles is between a love for food and fear of becoming extremely obese.

^^Above is a dish called Banana Leaf^^ (as if the banana leaf plate didn't already give it away;) To be honest I cant even tell you what those different piles of food are, but man are they ever so delicious! With maybe the exception of that reddish pile on the end...a tad bit too spicy for these taste buds.

Isaac getting a head start and putting on his Om Nom Nom face for a thanksgiving feast...

And we all know that the bigger the meal, the bigger the mess is that will be made by Isaiah the Destructionator. Might as well go ahead a try to save the carpet by laying out a towel...

Later on that week we took a trip to the Boh Tea Plantations, grabbed a bite to eat there, and this was our balcony view (I am referring to the rolling green hilly mini mountains of tea plants, not so much the random people who kept walking in front of my camera, so I just snapped the picture anyways)...

1.384 seconds before this picture was snapped, Immanuelle was probably looking directly at the camera wearing a big smile. But then again, probably not. She's sneaky like that. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Aaah. So fresh and relaxing ...even from my view here! Thanks, I needed that! Love you.

    ReplyDelete